As our clients work towards healing and overcome challenges on the road to recovery, one of the most helpful tools we offer is individual therapy. One-on-one sessions with an experienced therapist can be an invaluable resource during treatment. During these sessions in our mental health therapy program at our dual diagnosis treatment program, our clients learn more about the underlying causes of addiction, develop healthy coping skills for the future, and learn how to avoid triggers that can lead to a relapse.
Through individual therapy, you can learn how to cope with daily stress in healthy ways. In one-on-one sessions, you’ll not only address substance use issues but mental health issues and any other personal challenges you may face.
Learn more about our individual therapy programs by contacting Ethan Crossing of Cleveland at 855.967.2436 today.
What Is Individual Therapy?
Individual therapy allows for more personalized discussions during sessions than group therapy. We use several different counseling techniques in our individual therapy program. Each one of our clients has been through unique experiences and has different goals for treatment. Many clients suffer from different forms of addiction and varying levels of severity. Therefore, our addiction treatment specialists and therapists choose from various types of individual therapy to accommodate the needs of each client. Common approaches that our professionals use in our individual counseling program include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) – This type of therapy helps clients understand why they react to certain situations or emotions in the ways they do. CB the reasons behind their behavior. CBT can help clients modify negative thought patterns that could lead to risky behavior.
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) – This therapy helps those in recovery recognize uncomfortable thoughts and learn to live in the present moment. DBT can also help minimize harmful behaviors.
- Contingency management – This approach to treatment gives clients incentives to reinforce positive behavior such as abstinence.
- Motivational enhancement therapy – This type of therapy works best in the early stages of treatment and pushes clients to embrace their recovery plan fully.
Individual therapy is designed to complement group therapy sessions. Each week, our clients meet with their therapist one-on-one and can discuss their progress, gain new insights, and even talk about what they’ve been learning in group therapy.
Learn more by contacting Ethan Crossing of Cleveland today at 855.967.2436.
How Our Therapy Program Aids Recovery
Why do we incorporate individual therapy into our treatment plans? This approach to addiction recovery offers a number of benefits, especially when used alongside group and family therapy. Some of these benefits include:
- Recovery programs that incorporate therapy along with psychopharmacological treatment can lead to better outcomes
Individual therapy can be personalized for individuals from different backgrounds and of different ages
- Benefits continue to unfold even after completing an individual therapy program
- For those suffering from depression and anxiety, individual therapy can help them regain a more normalized level of functionality
- Individual therapy makes it possible to address many issues at the same time
Individual sessions with a therapist can help you improve relationships at work and in social situations. Addiction therapy sessions can also address co-occurring mental health disorders, which is why we offer anxiety treatment and depression treatment. At Ethan Crossing of Cleveland, our goal is to help our clients make sustainable changes in their lives, and individual therapy can help.
Contact Ethan Crossing of Cleveland Today
Reach out to our Cleveland recovery center today to get started on your own personal journey to recovery. We offer detox, a residential treatment program, an outpatient treatment program, and both group and individual therapy programs. We strive to help all of our clients recover fully and sustainably. Additionally, clients have access to yoga classes, a gym, and music therapy to unwind and reflect on what they have learned in their programs. Contact us at 855.967.2436 or reach out online today to get started.